Eastern Washington Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern Washington Airsoft Established Feb. 2009

HOMEHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inLinksFacebook
Welcome to EWAirsoft. Make sure to visit our new site at http://ewairsoft.com

m9 as main weapon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
kool aid man

kool aid man

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 am

so yes, this may sound stupid but as I am a MP, I would like to try to use my m9 ptp as a main weapon

now, a couple things I would like to now before I begin this endevor

Can I use r-hop on a m9 hop up unit?

Does a 6.01 effect the range at all on a barrel that short?

any help would be apreciated, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sabin509
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Sabin509

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:53 am

6.01 won't effect the range much if at all but it might make it slightly more accurate. I suppose if you extend it through a suppressor it might be worth it. I can't imagine r-hop on a side-arm, though especially if you use a tightbore and it's your main weapon, I don't see why not, since it should mount the same way to the barrel as in an AEG. You'd probably be the first to try though lol. I'm also currently looking into an R-hop for my SR12.

Another thing you might also want to invest in is a propane adaptor. Honestly I wouldn't expect too much as far as range goes though either way. Oh, and if you're trying to shoot closer to 400fps, make sure you have a metal slide.

Best of luck and please let me know how the r-hop works for you if you do it. I might want it for my side-arm too once I upgrade the SR12 so I don't have a dead zone. If I could hit somewhat accurately 100 ft it'd be worth the time and money to do a tightbore and r-hop to me =D.

Last edited by Sabin509 on Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
RobZombieSniper

RobZombieSniper

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:47 am

You probably can but it has to be shaved some more and what not.

Are you gonna have a tech put it in or DIY?
Back to top Go down
RobZombieSniper

RobZombieSniper

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:32 pm

I'd like to add KA that it is a little hard to just play with a pistol at field games. Everytime I've done it I have obnly been succesful around and in the barn. If you want to sneak around and get behind and take some people out quitly or something the game could end or you get shot by a team mate.

Just my .02 cents but if you do decide to do it I'll join you up on some sneaky shoots.
Back to top Go down
kool aid man

kool aid man

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:46 pm

RobZombieSniper wrote:
I'd like to add KA that it is a little hard to just play with a pistol at field games. Everytime I've done it I have obnly been succesful around and in the barn. If you want to sneak around and get behind and take some people out quitly or something the game could end or you get shot by a team mate.

Just my .02 cents but if you do decide to do it I'll join you up on some sneaky shoots.

well I was going to see if I could have a tech do it, and if not DIY it, as I have page long tutoirals on how to install the r-hop I just can't find the material itself.And yes, I will be useing my m9 as a main weapon.
Back to top Go down
RobZombieSniper

RobZombieSniper

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:08 pm

kool aid man wrote:
RobZombieSniper wrote:

well I was going to see if I could have a tech do it, and if not DIY it, as I have page long tutoirals on how to install the r-hop I just can't find the material itself.And yes, I will be useing my m9 as a main weapon.

Cool cool we can run sometime together at the next game or whatever when you get it done.
Back to top Go down
Sabin509
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Sabin509

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:28 pm

kool aid man wrote:
RobZombieSniper wrote:

AirsoftGI sells the patches now for like $25 for a pack of 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
Doc.Pest

Doc.Pest

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 4:35 am

kool aid man wrote:
so yes, this may sound stupid but as I am a MP, I would like to try to use my m9 ptp as a main weapon

First off, I wanted to tell you that I did an informal APFT tonight, and passed! 220 total, my run and push ups were low (64, 60)

Now as for the matter at hand, I am not going to pretend to be a gunsmith, but I can tell you that a motovated operator can do some impressive things with a pistol. At the Op on saturday I got 2 pistol kills in that light blue house where Matt got shot, funny thing was, I didn't have a pistol, I had to borrow it from a random kid. Anyway, the KWA M9 PTP is an amazing piece of hardwear, and if you guys remember Nick, he was awesome with one. I might suggest investing in in a lightweight sniper rifle just so you have somethign to do when we get into those stand off situations. Also, I can't stress this enough, and you probably already know, get a good kydex holster, none of that soft holster nonsense, you will lose mags, the gun, your pants, your friggin mind. I do think it's a good idea to train with what you carry in the real world. I carry a glock int he real world which is why I traded my KWA PTP for a WE Glock (Go ahead and make fun, I deserve it) Airsoft is a great training device, and you should treat it as such. Just a couple thoughts I had.
Back to top Go down
kool aid man

kool aid man

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 7:54 pm

Doc.Pest wrote:
kool aid man wrote:

First off, I wanted to tell you that I did an informal APFT tonight, and passed! 220 total, my run and push ups were low (64, 60)

Now as for the matter at hand, I am not going to pretend to be a gunsmith, but I can tell you that a motovated operator can do some impressive things with a pistol. At the Op on saturday I got 2 pistol kills in that light blue house where Matt got shot, funny thing was, I didn't have a pistol, I had to borrow it from a random kid. Anyway, the KWA M9 PTP is an amazing piece of hardwear, and if you guys remember Nick, he was awesome with one. I might suggest investing in in a lightweight sniper rifle just so you have somethign to do when we get into those stand off situations. Also, I can't stress this enough, and you probably already know, get a good kydex holster, none of that soft holster nonsense, you will lose mags, the gun, your pants, your friggin mind. I do think it's a good idea to train with what you carry in the real world. I carry a glock int he real world which is why I traded my KWA PTP for a WE Glock (Go ahead and make fun, I deserve it) Airsoft is a great training device, and you should treat it as such. Just a couple thoughts I had.

Hahaha nice job, now score a 300! And I have not only the r-hop, but the REAPS aswell. So I should be able to get some decent range outa my m9.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

m9 as main weapon Empty
PostSubject: Re: m9 as main weapon   m9 as main weapon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

m9 as main weapon
Page 1 of 1