Eastern Washington Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern Washington Airsoft Established Feb. 2009

HOMEHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inLinksFacebook
Welcome to EWAirsoft. Make sure to visit our new site at http://ewairsoft.com

EWA 2013

Go down 
+4
RobZombieSniper
Tirion
Sabin509
oldarmy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Hello Everyone,

So with 2012 coming to an end, I know we still have a few months left but it will go fast.

I wanted to try and get some feedback and conversation going within the community to see what you guys would like to see happen next year.

I can say I do have one event in the draft stages right now but other then that what do you guys want?

Also remember this community is a free / non-profit group so any monies spent need to come out of pocket or people are going to have to donate things. :-)

Back to top Go down
http://ewairsoft.com
Sabin509
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Sabin509

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Here are a few ideas

OPs

I would like to see a CQB/CQC oriented event. I remember the one SA had at Camp Comia back in 2008 and it was fun and different.

Also we can do a fund-raising event to raise money for props and w/e expenses we may have for future ops etc. Something minimal like $5 or $10 admission for a fun op. Cheap enough not to turn people away, yet it adds up. To make it more interesting put up a few bags of BBs for a raffle, along with people donating stuff they no longer need.

PROPS

The 2-color hooks Tirion brought out last time made nice "flags", for CTF type games, but there was an issue with spotting them. Although one side was red, they were kind of hard to see from a distance. I would recommend some kind of fluorescent tape or brighter paint over the red side to make them stick out more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
Tirion
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Tirion

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Sabin509 wrote:
Here are a few ideas

OPs

PROPS

The 2-color hooks Tirion brought out last time made nice "flags", for CTF type games, but there was an issue with spotting them. Although one side was red, they were kind of hard to see from a distance. I would recommend some kind of fluorescent tape or brighter paint over the red side to make them stick out more.

Thanks but I have to give the credit on that one to Warchief, and yeah we thought the same thing and we've discussed making them more visible.
Back to top Go down
RobZombieSniper

RobZombieSniper

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 pm

An Op sounds nice. I'd donate work abilities to set up whatever and a small donation for say such and such.

And my two cents, not to griping but if an OP was at the barn, alot of use need to go out their, clean up, designate such and such areas (for future occupancy, assembly, gun test/chrono).

Awhile back I wanted to do something for the community but I at the time was getting to hooked up in the idea and I had just started playing with EWA. Anywho I had finished the designs to make a 1/3 scale F-15 fighter plane, in crashed bits, 3 or so years ago I came around the costs of $250-$300 in parts, wood, nails/screws, paint.

Now this is an extremity in say what we would build or what we want to do.

Could it be built from scratch wood?
Yes, you/we would need to find the access to that.

Crashed bits?
Crashed plane, blah blah, easy to transport.

Who would keep this monster of a prop?
Would have to be decided on community.

Also, if we were to build anything at the Barn, what are the chances of someone coming by and destroying/stealing or work?
Back to top Go down
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:15 am

Here is my concerns right now.

EWA still has a lot of users that play but we as an online community are getting a little less motivated. We've created a FB page since so many people use FB now and we only can get 31 ppl to use it.

EWA was and is still a group that was built by people who play for the rest of the community that wants to play for free (unless land usages charges). Although we do have an admin group that founded this community and basically run it. We still look for players input as to what they would like to see us do.

When posts are made like this and we can only get 3 ppl to respond out of the whole community it brings up a red flag to me.

Right now we (EWAirsoft) are working with one of our players that is willing to build us a real website. I know we tried that once before but hey all I can say is I'm not a web designer and right now we have one willing to do this. Matter of fact it is basically done. But as a person who will be helping to front the money to support this website I have to ask myself is it going to be worth the cost. (this is me, not anyone else)

So I ask again to the community what is it you would like to see us do?

Are you wanting to stay as we are?

What type of game are you wanting:
Gun & Run?
Do more objective style games?

Will a real website spark more interest?

Now with all that said I do understand that real life is important and that keeps us all busy but we can't grow and improve our community without input.
Back to top Go down
RobZombieSniper

RobZombieSniper

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:43 pm

I am wanting us to move forward in how we have games and online organization.

I would really like to see more objective based games that last longer than say 45 minutes. Even though I havent been out alot I would like to thank Tirion for sparking the interest in this area and doing his best to make a good skirmish.

I would also really like to help/contribute to some large sized game next year.

Back to top Go down
cadian
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
cadian

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 1:55 pm

I would personally like to see more involvement from the average user electronically and physically to help build this community to a better standard than it currently is. I would also like to see more people to step up and help lately I have seen to many people not willing to help with event he smallest thing.

As far as games go I am a run and gun style but objective games are what keep people coming back to play more often. So with the objective games we will end up having to come up with some new ones down the road that most likely are not VIP games since we lose a person to the objective who doesn't do anything the entire time of the game.
Back to top Go down
snipergirl

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 5:16 pm

I think a big problem is that we ALWAYS play on the same field. It's an issue with a lot of airsoft games, in all the communities. I love the Barn, but playing attack and defend the barn for 20 minutes doesn't satisfy my needs as an airsofter. Rich, from SA has been negotiating terms over the use of Camp Comia. (14 miles from downtown, 52 acres to play on) It won't be free. It can be anywhere between 3 and 7 dollars, depending on how many of the facilities are used, and how long they are used for. There could be work to play opportunities. Objectives are always a lot more fun, and run and gun could be fun too. Why don't we involve a vehicle? For 75 cents per mile, that you could integrate into everyone's admission costs, Rich also has two armored jeeps (that we can modify, they even have sliding gunner doors) that he's willing to provide for games, all thats needed is a way to get them to the games, or the tabs for them. It probably sounds stupid, but playing the same thing every weekend isn't very fun. When we decide whos on what team, I notice that before people play, there isn't a strategy placed out there for how the team is supposed to win. Instead of running up a hill and being the LAST person alive, attack the objective. I don't know. There shouldn't be an hour break after every fifteen minute game. Those are my beefs.

For example:
40 person event
Door Prizes
Camp Comia
With Jeeps
With Lunch
$8.62 per person (estimated- not exact)

Back to top Go down
Sabin509
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Sabin509

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm

snipergirl wrote:
I think a big problem is that we ALWAYS play on the same field. It's an issue with a lot of airsoft games, in all the communities. I love the Barn, but playing attack and defend the barn for 20 minutes doesn't satisfy my needs as an airsofter. Rich, from SA has been negotiating terms over the use of Camp Comia. (14 miles from downtown, 52 acres to play on) It won't be free. It can be anywhere between 3 and 7 dollars, depending on how many of the facilities are used, and how long they are used for. There could be work to play opportunities. Objectives are always a lot more fun, and run and gun could be fun too. Why don't we involve a vehicle? For 75 cents per mile, that you could integrate into everyone's admission costs, Rich also has two armored jeeps (that we can modify, they even have sliding gunner doors) that he's willing to provide for games, all thats needed is a way to get them to the games, or the tabs for them. It probably sounds stupid, but playing the same thing every weekend isn't very fun. When we decide whos on what team, I notice that before people play, there isn't a strategy placed out there for how the team is supposed to win. Instead of running up a hill and being the LAST person alive, attack the objective. I don't know. There shouldn't be an hour break after every fifteen minute game. Those are my beefs.

For example:
40 person event
Door Prizes
Camp Comia
With Jeeps
With Lunch
$8.62 per person (estimated- not exact)

A lot of that comes from disorganization where you have a bunch of small groups and individual players coming but they don't want to join an established team or create one, so it's disorganized. Now from what I understand one of the founding principles of EWA is to create a safe envinronment where people can play for free (or relatively cheap) and not have uniform/gun requirements, but I'd encourage people to look into joining one of the teams or banding together to create one, and this is just my personal 2-cents.

The benefits of that are:
More organized teams
Somewhat uniform in appearance, where it's easier to identify friend from foe (marpats on one team, acu's on one team, flecktarn, multicam, etc. To me it's also much more fun when a team is better-coordinated rather than just "we'll go this way, u go that way".

I've played at camp comia with the old SA (2006-2008) and I liked it. There's the opportunity for the CQB op, they definately have the facility for it. They used to have riot shields too.
Back to top Go down
Rob

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 pm

Couple of points of clarification.

1. Katrina's statement references "Rich from SA."

Just so there is no confusion in Rich's note posted by Katrina, Rich is no longer involved in any way with Spokane Airsoft, LLC, which includes the store at NorthTown Mall.

Rich's message was posted by him as an individual and not by Rich as a representative of Spokane Airsoft.

Wade, if you get out early Saturday we -- you, me, Dan, Cadian, any other EWA leadership attending -- can discuss further in person if you want.

2. Referencing Camp Comia usage.

New SA has used Camp Comia that field off and on for the last four years up until this last winter. We probably won't go back there again.

Sabin if you haven't been there in four years well it's a lot different than it was four years ago. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:58 pm

wow there is so much to reply too and I'm sitting here in the hospital with my mom so I will only touch a few things.

1. Although I count on Cadian's opinons and input he is not part of the leadership unless there is something I don't know. Now Cadian we can always talk about that. ha ha

2. Although I agree about the time frame between games, alot of that is due to a better game plan and us not trying to be pushy. But the last 2 games I did host we kept to short breaks to reload, fix aa gun type of stuff. But with some new guidelines we will have this coming season for hosting games that should change.

3. Charging money for games, having vechiles and such. well the only part I see having is charging for land use. Reason being is we are not a business and I know if we were to charge even to raise money for props there would be people watching us and maybe more then just watching. But I'm looking in on what we can do legally, so we will see what changes.

4. Concerning the barn... Well I have to agree I'm bored of it but right now it is the only place that we can play and anyone host a game. Although we do have a field in 9 mile I made a agreement that I would be the one to host a game out there with the owner. So right now if I don't play w can't use it.
fieldsfields
5. We had other fields but again someone was the contact and they moved on and we lost the field. I will be working on another field for next year but there will be a field fee, which goes to the land owner not EWA.

6. Sabin although I understand what you are saying I disagree. Too be honest the teams that show up are the worst because they are too busy talking, prepping... Serious... I don't disagree about joining teams, I tried 2 so far, one being an EWA team and the other an SA team and those failed... lol

okay there is more but I need to visit with my mom so I will return.
Back to top Go down
snipergirl

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabin509
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Sabin509

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Just gotta find the right team Wade =D

Rob that's true, I haven't been there since 2008 so I'm speaking from my memories playing there years ago.
Back to top Go down
Lt. Dan
EWAdmin
EWAdmin

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Its changed just in the last 2 years
Back to top Go down
cadian
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
cadian

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:36 am

oldarmy wrote:

1. Although I count on Cadian's opinons and input he is not part of the leadership unless there is something I don't know. Now Cadian we can always talk about that. ha ha

Didn't you know Wade I am like the CIA no one has a clue what I really do all they know is I am important LOL. Ya ROB I have little to no power unless some one wants to rectify the situation.....no takers? That's what I thought HAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:22 am

I have edited the responses posted for the safety of our EWA community.

As I read through all of them all I can say is, if there is an issue outside of EWA which there appears to be, please keep it off the forums.

If you are wanting a special restricted area on the forum to talk about somethings and you want me to create it and add certain ppl so you all can have it out please ask. I would be more then happy to create it for you.

I would like to keep the relations in the airsoft community in good standings with others and I also DO NOT WANT TO CHASE off new people or even old players from our community.

I know that this shit would not stand on another airsoft's communities site, so please do not bring it over here. I (WE) don't need it or want it.

Now can we get back to the original post? Thank you for your input and continued support.

Back to top Go down
Tirion
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Tirion

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:56 pm

I t appears that what you guys are looking for is new scenarios but to not do away with run and gun. Is that a fair assessment?
Back to top Go down
snipergirl

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Yes, and a change of field.
Back to top Go down
Sabin509
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Sabin509

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:29 pm

Also instead of "rolling respawns" there should be a designated respawn area for each team at opposite ends of the field. If playing with an objective like a flag or an assault game the respawn point for the defending team should be behind the objective enough to be out of range (200+ ft?) This will naturally cause a delay in respawns which will make shooting someone feel like progress towards victory rather than they're back in 30 seconds and it's still a standoff.
Back to top Go down
Tirion
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Tirion

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Sabin509 wrote:
Also instead of "rolling respawns" there should be a designated respawn area for each team at opposite ends of the field. If playing with an objective like a flag or an assault game the respawn point for the defending team should be behind the objective enough to be out of range (200+ ft?) This will naturally cause a delay in respawns which will make shooting someone feel like progress towards victory rather than they're back in 30 seconds and it's still a standoff.

Agreed and I did this for a while but we got away from it and scenarios, especially as of late.
Back to top Go down
cadian
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
cadian

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Tirion wrote:
I t appears that what you guys are looking for is new scenarios but to not do away with run and gun. Is that a fair assessment?

For me yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EWA 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EWA 2013   EWA 2013 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EWA 2013
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eastern Washington Airsoft :: Eastern Washington Airsoft Website :: Random discussions-
Jump to: