Eastern Washington Airsoft
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eastern Washington Airsoft Established Feb. 2009

HOMEHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inLinksFacebook
Welcome to EWAirsoft. Make sure to visit our new site at http://ewairsoft.com

Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk

Go down 
+7
Bones
Justus
Rob
mmelka
Tirion
Lt. Dan
oldarmy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  Empty
PostSubject: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:07 pm

I know a lot of us went last year so I thought I would post it up over here just as a reminder.

Of course go check out SA site for information.

Operation Gothic Serpent II
Back to top Go down
http://ewairsoft.com
Lt. Dan
EWAdmin
EWAdmin

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:15 pm

“Irene.”

Operation Gothic Serpent II (aka Black Hawk Down)

DATE & TIME: September 22, 2012
COST: $15 (No Pre-registration needed) | $10 for SA Club members
SAFETY: Be sure to bring proper eyepro, barrel blockers and dead rags. SA will have barrel blockers for sale on site if you don't have yours.
AMMO: Spokane Airsoft and Paintball will have ammo for sale on site if you need to purchase some.
FOOD: BBQ will be available for an additional charge at lunchtime.
WAIVER: You will need to have signed copies of the Spokane Airsoft Waiver and the Nitehawk Field Waiver. If you’ve attended any SA event this year at Nitehawk your waivers will be on file.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
0800 – 0930 Chrono & Registration
0930 Safety Briefing
1000 - 1300 Morning Skirmish
1300 - 1400 Lunch
1400 - 1700 Afternoon Skirmish

BACKSTORY:
On October 3, 1993 Task Force Ranger, an assault force made up of elements of Delta Force, Army Rangers, SEAL Team Six and Air Force Pararescue / Combat Controllers launched a day-time strike deep into Mogadishu with the objective of capturing a number of tier one personnel of the Habr Gibr clan led by Warlord Mohammed Farrah Aidid.

During the operation two Army Black Hawk helicopters flown by the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment were shot down. US Forces were able to evacuate some wounded personnel back to their compound on the outskirts of the city while the bulk of the force was pinned down around one of the helicopter crash sites.

By the time a multi-national relief column backed with 10th Mountain Division troops and Pakistani M-48 tanks were able to extricate the special operations troops from the city, 18 troops had been killed and one – CWO Mike Durant – had been captured. Estimates place Somali casualties between 1,000 and 1,500.

Leadership Billets.
We need two leaders to serve as either General Garrison, leader of the US forces, or Warlord Mohammed Farrah Aidid, leader of the Somali forces. These people will be responsible for organizing their troops and leading them on the field. We are looking for strong players who are good, fair-minded leaders with proven experience at Spokane Airsoft events in the last year or so, and we will choose the applicants who feel can best support the mission. If you are more prone to shooting your rifle than using your radio, you need not apply.

In exchange for playing the role of either force commander these two individuals get to play for free at this event.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested in either of these positions.

General Garrison -
Mohammed Farrah Aidid -

Registration and Chrono Volunteers.
We will need initially 6 volunteers to help with registration and chrono, 3 for registration and 3 for chrono. If you volunteer you will need to be on-site by NLT 0730 for an event briefing and set-up. We will need you to work until the safety briefing so you’ll need to have you guns and gear ready to go when you show up.

While we appreciate the number of people who volunteer, we’ll choose who will serve in this capacity based on prior experience and ability.

In exchange for your time those that help us with registration and chrono will get to play for free at this event.

US Forces

B Co. 3/75 Rangers (40 Spots)
Uniform: Woodland, MARPAT, ACU or Multicam with either appropriate soft cover or helmet.
Weapons: No restrictions. Snipers must have a current SA sniper qualification card or have attended a similar course with Airsoft Montana, TC Jokers, 1st Sword or NWATT.
Special Weapons: RPGs / grenade launchers can be carried with six shells per mission only. See details below under Special Weapons.

DEVGRU / 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (16 Spots)
Restrictions: 18 years old minimum unless accompanied on the field with a parent who is playing with you. You must have participated in at least one SA event since June 2011 to apply for this position.
Uniform: Olive Drab with either appropriate soft cover or helmet OR DCU (Chocolate Chip or Tri-Color) with either appropriate soft cover or helmet.
Weapons: No restrictions. Snipers must have a current SA sniper qualification card or have attended a similar course with Airsoft Montana, TC Jokers, 1st Sword or NWATT
Special Weapons: RPGs / grenade launchers can be carried with six shells per mission only. See details below under Special Weapons.
NOTE: Due to the limited numbers for this team if you sign up and do not show up you will not be considered for participation in this unit at future events.

Somali Forces

Habr Gibr clan (70 spots)

The Habr Gibr clan, led by Warlord Mohammed Farrah Aidid is one of the strongest tribes in charge of the lawless streets of Mogadishu. After overthrowing Mohammed Siad Barre’s government, Aidid set himself up as the de facto ruler of Somalia. He has tried at every turn to hinder UN relief operations in Somalia, culminating with a deadly attack on Pakistani forces that killed 24 peacekeeping troops. The Habr Gibr clan sees the US as their enemy and will stop at nothing to force the UN peacekeepers and US troops out of Mogadishu.

Uniform:Insurgent or Civilian attire. No military uniforms.
Weapons: No restrictions. Snipers must have a current SA sniper qualification card or have attended a similar course with Airsoft Montana, TC Jokers, 1st Sword or NWATT.

Special Rules.

Medic Rules.
1. Each side will have up to 6 medics so there is one for each 10 people.
2. Each side will have a designated casualty collection point somewhere on the field.
3. The first time you are hit you can call for a medic to bandage you up. Once you are bandaged up you can return to the fight.
4. After you are hit a second time you must proceed to your casualty collection point.
5. Medics will have a finite amount of bandages so it is imperative to everyone that if you get a bandage from a medic you return it. If you drop it or lose it that’s one less bandage your team can use.

Special Weapons.
1. Thunder B and similar grenades that emit either a loud noise or BBs are authorized.
2. Tennis balls, rock and pine cone grenades are not authorized.
3. Commercial smoke grenades are tentatively authorized, contingent on how dry the field is and whether they pose a fire hazard.
4. Admins will be using pyrotechnics at this event to simulate background ambiance. No supporting arms will be in play at this event.
5. RPGs and similar weapons that fire Nerf rockets are a point-attack weapon and not an area effect weapon. As such, they can be used with great effect against vehicles (If they are in play), and bunkers. If used against buildings or as a indirect fire asset (lobbing rounds like a mortar) they will have minimal casualty producing effect. Each person can only carry (3) shells at a time, there can be no more than (6) shells for each launcher on the field at any given time, and shells cannot be reused during a skirmish. They can be collected up and used in subsequent skirmishes however.
6. Any other devices which you’re thinking about bringing that are not listed above but might be considered a special weapon must be briefed to me first before we approve / reject it for use on the field.

Vehicles on the Battlefield.
We may have vehicles on the battlefield at this event. If we do, we will post up the information on what vehicles will be in use at this event here.

How To Sign Up For This Event.

Post the following information in a response to this post:

Name (Not forum name but your real name)
Side you want to be on (US or Somali)
Special Unit you’re requesting to be a part of (DEVGRU, 1st SFOD-D) (If applicable)

And that’s it. If you’re signing up a group of people, we will need full names of all individuals you’re signing up as well as what side you want to be on.

Event Staff.
Admin Staff
Rob Kauder
Dan Davenport

Registration Staff
Looking for (3) volunteers to help pitch in here.

Chrono Staff
Looking for (3) volunteers to help pitch in here.
Back to top Go down
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Remember if you are going to this game you will want to post up on SA's website.
Back to top Go down
Tirion
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 pm

And since this is a MilSim game i think you would have had to pass the infantry school. Correct em if i'm wrong
Back to top Go down
mmelka

mmelka

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:13 pm

No more "MilSim" games at SA I believe after the last few didnt get the greatest turn out. So anyone is available to play.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Tirion wrote:
And since this is a MilSim game i think you would have had to pass the infantry school. Correct em if i'm wrong

This is incorrect. We decided not to conduct the Infantry School program. We might revisit this later. This event is open to all as long as players meet the requirements for participation listed in Dan's post above.

mmelka wrote:
No more "MilSim" games at SA I believe after the last few didnt get the greatest turn out. So anyone is available to play.

Spokane Airsoft no longer hosts MILSIM events. Local MILSIM events are now hosted privately.
Back to top Go down
Tirion
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Tirion

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Rob wrote:
Tirion wrote:

This is incorrect. We decided not to conduct the Infantry School program. We might revisit this later. This event is open to all as long as players meet the requirements for participation listed in Dan's post above.

mmelka wrote:

Spokane Airsoft no longer hosts MILSIM events. Local MILSIM events are now hosted privately.

thank you for clearing that up!
Back to top Go down
Justus
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Justus

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:50 pm

just so you know, wade and I are on the somali side again this year so everyone should join so we can crush the us this year
Back to top Go down
Bones
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Bones

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:08 pm

I am going to be rolling Somali. Should be a fun game!
Back to top Go down
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Awesome!

Okay come on folks I played this one last year and Somali got it's asses handed to us. Of course we were out numbered 2 to 1 because people did not show up.

Come on and sign up for the Somal's this year.
Back to top Go down
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 11:57 am

Just an update for the group.

SA has revised the entry fee for the Somali team. The cost is now $10 if you sign up.

Come folks lets get some more players from EWA out there and sign up.

I signed up for this last year and had a blast. And I really want more people on the Somali team this year. HA HA HA

Come on folks!
Back to top Go down
cadian
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
cadian

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Whats the limit on support weapon AEGs just looked all over the SA site and could not find the limits anymore.....hate navigating that site. Or are the limits for support weapons and AR just combined now because my RPK is shooting 430 right now.

If I go I gonna totally be Somali and I am also going to thrift stores looking for a track suit so I can run around with my RPK in a track suit like some kinda idiot....who doesn't say dreams don't come true.
Back to top Go down
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:29 pm

You know the best thing I can tell you is to post up on their site and ask. To be honest I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm

cadian wrote:
Whats the limit on support weapon AEGs just looked all over the SA site and could not find the limits anymore.....hate navigating that site. Or are the limits for support weapons and AR just combined now because my RPK is shooting 430 right now.

If I go I gonna totally be Somali and I am also going to thrift stores looking for a track suit so I can run around with my RPK in a track suit like some kinda idiot....who doesn't say dreams don't come true.

450 FPS is the standard limit for support weapons, which are defined as box-magazine fed weapon (Not an MP5 with a box mag, but an M249, RPK, M60, M240 or similar weapons system).

And yes, there are some things on our site which need to be changed and its been put off for a while due to some other, more pressing projects ... not sure if you noticed but in the last week or so we've been killing a number of items on the site due to lack of use / interest and reorganizing things so there is a much cleaner and easier to navigate presentation.

We're also going to be amending and updating some of the rules to make them much clearer to the playerbase and putting them more upfront on the site so people can find that stuff easier. Basically the way things are organized now, everything can be found in the site navigation, but since most people ignore the site nav we're dropping most elements regarding safety and our skirmish rules into the forums.

Back to top Go down
cadian
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
cadian

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Rob wrote:
cadian wrote:

450 FPS.

Thanks Rob couldn't find that post for the life of me.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 9:48 pm

cadian wrote:
Rob wrote:
cadian wrote:

450 FPS.

Thanks Rob couldn't find that post for the life of me.

Yep. No problem. Like I said, there are some changes that need to be made to the site to make it more user friendly.
Back to top Go down
Justus
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Justus

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:19 am

this is how I'd rock
Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  Warface
Back to top Go down
cadian
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
cadian

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 am

Justus wrote:
this is how I'd rock
Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  Warface

Get some parachute pants and some pump shoes and you would be rocking it hard Smile
Back to top Go down
oldarmy
EWAdmin
EWAdmin
oldarmy

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Now that would be fun to see. LOL...
Back to top Go down
Justus
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Justus

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 11:56 pm

aight, I'll get a life jacket at the store and rock my old painted up shoes lol
Back to top Go down
Ranger Fickle

Ranger Fickle

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:21 pm

This is from SA's site...

"We have more than 120 people signed up for this event, which is all we can support for this field. Please do not sign up or ask about wait lists. If you show up and you're not on the roster you will have to wait for everyone that is on the list to register first. If anyone is a no show then those spots will be on a first come first serve basis."

Sooooo looks like it might be kinda tough to play if you didnt register awhile back before the thread was locked... Which sucks for those of us who are jut getting back into it and didnt know about it!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/nick.cerenzia
cadian
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
cadian

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Ranger Fickle wrote:

"We have more than 120 people signed up for this event, which is all we can support for this field. Please do not sign up or ask about wait lists. If you show up and you're not on the roster you will have to wait for everyone that is on the list to register first. If anyone is a no show then those spots will be on a first come first serve basis."

Sooooo looks like it might be kinda tough to play if you didnt register awhile back before the thread was locked... Which sucks for those of us who are jut getting back into it and didnt know about it!

Hopefully everyone shows up to it but if its anything like the last one a bunch of people signed up and didnt show.
Back to top Go down
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Ranger Fickle wrote:

Between the number of admins we have and the size of the field any more than 120 people and this would turn into a pardon-my-French clusterf**k. That's why we had to put a limitation on the number of people who can attend.

You're not the only one who has expressed frustration about this. We did not expect 120 people to sign up, but they did and that's the limitation on what the field and the event staff can bear. Any more than that will hamper our abilities to put on a quality event for all participants.

And, unfortunately, we will have more than 120 show up because a lot of people see the posts on Facebook, see our forum but never give us the courtesy of registering, never read follow up notes where we say registration closed, and just show up ill-prepared to participate which impacts the event staff but more importantly impacts other participants who did register.

For those that are attending we are going to be burning the midnight oil and doing some field work in advance to insure the event goes off without a hitch.

And Cadian I responded to your PM separately about your FPS question. You should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sabin509
EWA Game Admin
EWA Game Admin
Sabin509

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:32 pm

well I guess that answers my question too =(.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DarkRevolutionGaming.com
RobZombieSniper

RobZombieSniper

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:07 am

Hey Rob, I hope this gets to you if theres people on a Reserve list.

Robert Norman and Jacob Madel will not be attending this Saturdays game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk    Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Gothic Serpent II | September 22, 2012 | Nitehawk
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eastern Washington Airsoft :: Games & Events :: Archive-
Jump to: